Age and the male erection: What changes to expect
Apr 4, 2012, 8:16 a.m.
This is quite the taboo subject -- often neglected to come up in conversation, either casually or with a doctor. That seems to be one of the problems with how aging affects erections: Men are always worried about getting there and about staying there. Yet very few will risk an open discussion on the subject matter.
Failure to obtain erections in old age is not an uncommon problem. But the fear of speaking on the matter hinders efforts to remedy the complication. Even talking with a doctor ignites a measure of personal shame.
How Aging Affects Erections
Time lays a toll on every human being. The body slows down. Sleep habits shift. Weariness seems always just around the corner.
An erection involves your mind, brain, hormones, blood vessels, and nerves. Things that interfere with any link in the chain can lead to a problem with obtaining and maintaining an erection.
The following tips will help you identify some of the controllable causes for loss of erections in old age:
- Use of Addictive Substances: Stop the bad habits. Nicotine, alcohol, and cocaine hurt the young and the old. Killing a drug habit may not fully reverse certain related damages, but it will reduce the effects.
- Emotional Issues: Take control over anger, anxiety, fear, and stress. Try taking up meditation and mild exercise. Stay on the move without making things into a rush.
- Communicate: Talk with your partner. Communication helps establish a mood and a desire. Sexual unions should begin long before the bedroom door closes. If problems do exist, do not be ashamed to acknowledge the complications.
- Failure Begets Doubt: According to the US MedlinePlus health website, every older man will experience some measure of sexual failure. Don't panic over a few isolated problems. Avoid negative communication with your mate.
- Medications: Some health issues are unavoidable. Medications that relate to poor body care and maintenance should be overcome by establishing a healthy life style.
Content Provided by Spot55.com